INNOVATE Hillel is a semester-long, student leadership incubator for aspiring Jewish campus leaders. Trained in the renowned design thinking methodology, you will be charged with sparking ideas for transforming one of the focus areas of the incubator to better serve students. In order to be successful in this position you must be team-oriented, entrepreneurial, and motivated by results. We’re looking for people who embrace challenges, take risks, fail, and learn from the past.
Who are you:
- You’re a student at CSU Long Beach enrolled at least part-time for the 2017 Spring Semester.
- You’re passionate about either Social and Economic Justice, Interfaith Relations, or Shabbat Experiences and their impact on Jewish student life.
- You’re experienced with formally or informally holding leadership positions within the campus community.
- You have a strong desire to leave a positive impact on the campus community before you graduate.
- You’re excited about Jewish life and working with your fellow college students, while also understanding why some students might not want to get involved with Jewish life.
What you’ll get out of it:
- Professional development to help develop core skills and gain expertise from innovators and design thinking experts
- Firsthand knowledge of Beach Hillel and the greater Jewish community in Long Beach
- Monthly training through workshops and interactive presentations
- Networking opportunities within and beyond the Hillel world
- One-on-one mentorship with a Jewish community leader
- Cap your experience by building your own unique leadership project
As an INNOVATE Hillel participant, a typical week might include:
- Organize a focus group to discuss the challenges of building interfaith communities.
- Hosting a brainstorming session on the sidewalk outside the student center in order to develop ideas for a economic justice initiative.
- Prototyping a new method of arranging the Shabbat space.
- Testing a new way of developing campus alliances that are mutually beneficial and highly effective.
January 16th: Applications Open! Applications will remain open until February 4th. Please remember that you won’t be able to go back and edit your responses once you submit your application, so we highly recommend drafting your answers in a separate document first.
January 21st: Priority Application Deadline.
February 4th: Final Application Deadline.
February 6th-10th: Interviews will be held for all applicants.
February 10th: Offers made! The Innovation Specialist will reach out to you with any supplemental materials.
February 13th: Initiative begins with our Introductory Meeting!