Every summer, Beach Hillel offers Jewish students and community members who are between the ages of 18 and 26 to join us for a 10-day FREE trip to Israel. Through 2015, more than 500,000 young Jewish people from 66 countries have received the gift of this free trip from Birthright Israel.
“Taglit” means “discovery” in Hebrew, and that, in a word, is the goal of the trip – a discovery of Israel and its people, discovery of one’s own personal connection to Jewish values and tradition, and discovery of the ways in which one can be a part of the larger Jewish community.
You should join our Taglit-Birthright Israel trip for three main reasons:
- In our trip, we make sure to choose the best trip provider and have Beach Hillel staff to staff the trip along with an Israeli tour guide, medic and bus driver. And, of course, IDF soldiers will be joining our group once we are in Israel.
- Our trip is a great way to make new friends and meet other Jewish students in the Long Beach Community.
- We host orientation sessions before the trip in order for you to get to know some of the students that will be with you on the trip and get to know the staff. Also, you will have the opportunity to learn a little about Israel and the places where we will be traveling, as well as to be able to ask all your questions before the trip.
If you are interested to learn more about our summer Taglit-Birthright trips, please contact our Israel Fellow shir@BeachHillel.org or our executive director clsufrin@BeachHillel.org.
REGISTRATION FOR SUMMER 2019 is open NOW!
Our Summer 2019 trip will be May 27 - June 6!
How to Register
- Register at www.freeisraeltrip.org/beachhillel
- Create an account with a non-university email address. This will be your user ID.
- Fill out Part I of the application and submit a $250 refundable deposit. For Trip Selection, choose “Campus Trip” and select California State University of Long Beach
- Click the link to confirm your email address in the email from Birthright Israel.
- Within 24-48 hours, you’ll receive an email from Hillel International with a link to Part II of your application, which includes health and medical information, roommate requests, and passport information.
- Sign up for a 30-minute one-on-one chat with Shir. Contact her at shir@BeachHillel.org.
This allows us to get to know you, determine eligibility, and gives you the chance to ask questions.
With approval from Hillel and your refundable deposit paid, you are off to Israel!